Does The United States Have A Social Security Agreement With Canada

Make sure you have your Social Security number before you call. Hello Joe – The agreement allows you to meet the 20-year requirement for OAA payment outside of Canada, but the amount of your OAS is based solely on residence in Canada, so it is 15/40th out of $600 -$225 per month. Hello Mark – I`m not going to pretend to be an expert on the Canada-U.K. deal, but I understand that it can`t be used to qualify for the benefits of the OAS as most other agreements allow. This means that you must have 20 full years in Canada to qualify for the 20/40ths OAS (about $300 per month from age 65). On that basis, if she contributed at least 7 years to her pension in Brazil, which does not coincide with her stay in Canada, should she not be entitled to her OAS benefits, including the OAS allowance paid from 60 to 64 years of age, even though she transplanted a small majority of the time? Hello, Doug, I am a citizen of the United States and Canada. I have enough point is the U.S. system for SS, moved to Canada and have not worked in the last 10 years. My 30-year-old husband has left me, and we are getting divorced — I know I will be 5 of his 10 years in CPC, and when I go to work from the age of 51 – 70. But I don`t do the maximum for the CPP point every year.

Can I qualify for the CPC? And how will elgiblity play out for both the SS and the CPC? If everyone pays something, can I get a double pension? I know you don`t have double dip and max of both, but will I be punished for a while in any system? Hello Serge – There is certainly no 50% rule for the OAS. First, you should determine when you have decided in your mind to make Canada your permanent home, and then try to provide documentation that supports that date/decision. Hello Steve – No, it`s not okay. You must apply for each benefit separately. I am Canadian, I have lived and worked in Canada from the age of 16 to 50. My husband is American, and he`s lived and worked here for eight years. We are considering moving to the United States. I`ve been contributing with the maximum rate for about 15 years.